Aluminium surface finishes fall into two main groups: anodizing and paint. They both have two main objectives: to improve the aesthetics of the product and provide additional protection to the surface.
Regardless of the surface treatment chosen, we must not forget that aluminum retains the properties that make it such a widely used material:
- Versatility: rigid and resistant, aluminum can be used in many sectors for different end applications
- Workability: it is the metal that can be worked more easily. Bent, forged, laminated, stamped, extruded; any manufacturing process can be used with aluminum
- Lightness: with the same volume, it weighs only one third of steel
- Thermal conductivity: aluminum is a better conductor than steel, brass and copper
- Recyclability: it is a material that can be recycled indefinitely, 100 percent and with the use of only 5 percent of electricity required for the production of the primary one
Painting, a surface finish
Painting is one of the most used aluminium surface finishes. This material can be coated with paints that differ in color and properties. In fact, according to the final applications, it is possible to choose paints that increase the corrosion resistance of the aluminum, limit the formation of condensation on its surface or the proliferation of fungi and bacteria.
Italcoat, a company specialized in the realization of aluminum surface treatments, can supply different finishes and paints with particular characteristics. If you’re interested in our products, don’t hesitate to contact us!