Aluminum honeycomb panels are produced bonding aluminum foils. They are used in many application areas such as: cooling and ventilation systems, automotive, naval and railway fields, aeronautics and aerospace, renewable energy, building and clean-room for the pharmaceutical and scientific industry.
The main advantages are:
- Strength and stability: aluminum honeycomb offers more strength and solidity to the entire panel
- Lightness: as innate property of aluminum, it allows reduction of transport costs
- Flexibility: lightness and strength allow easier manufacturing of the material
- Recyclability: aluminum is a 100% recyclable material
Aluminum honeycomb panels in the automotive sector
Thanks to the above mentioned advantages, aluminum honeycomb panels are used in all types of road vehicles as:
- Internal panels
- Shock absorbers
- Vibration isolators
- Frame parts
- Protection systems against impact and explosions (military vehicles)
Yet, lightness, rigidity and resistance to corrosion allow a reduction of consumption and emissions with an increase of performaces.
Aluminum honeycomb panels in aeronautics and aerospace
The excellent resistance to humidity and corrosion, lightness and resistance to high temperatures and are just some of the advantages that made aluminium honeycomb panels ideal for the construction of:
- Gondolas and edges of aircraft
- Launch facilities
- Components of the fusillage
- Satellite facilities
- Fan envelopes
Italcoat can provide specific aluminium coils coated with adhesive lines for Honeycomb panels to make a faster and more efficient production process.
We will study together the best solution in orderd to develop the alloy most suited to your needs.