As the name suggests, a polymer coating is a paint made with polymers that are dissolved in organic solvents or water. This characteristic is necessary to obtain the right viscosity which allows the easy application of the coating and the formation of a protective and uniform thickness film. What are the advantages of a polymer coating?
- Creation of a protective layer resistant to water and corrosion
- Resistance to light and protection of the surface colour
- Resistance to temperature variations
- Resistance to mechanical and chemical damage
- Availability in a wide range of colours
- Application on several materials
Polymer paint can be applied on different materials including aluminium. In this case it could be used both to increase its properties and to improve its aesthetics. This use would be recommended if it is required to be used in building or interior architecture.
Italcoat is specialized in the application of polymeric coating on coils and aluminium sheets. The company provides all the treatments – coatings, paints – which have the aim of improving the properties of aluminium.
To have more info about aluminium word, please subscribe to our Newsletter!