Coated aluminium for
Italcoat has developed specific aluminium coils coated with adhesive lines for Honeycomb panels. Thanks to this coating, Italcoat meets the needs of Honeycomb producers: a faster and more efficient production process.
Aluminium for Honeycomb
Aluminium supplied by Italcoat is chemically degreased and pretreated to guarantee the perfect adhesion of glue, that is prespaced to produce honeycomb panels with these cells’ dimensions: 18mm, 17mm, 9.52 mm, 6.35 mm.
Honeycombs in aluminium have a lot of advantages: resistance to corrosion and to high compression. In addition, these lightweight panels are 100% recyclable.
Applications of Honeycomb
Thanks to its properties, Honeycomb panels can be used in a huge number of applications in different sectors:
- Automotive: impact absorption, weight reduction
- Aeronautic and Aerospace: high mosture resistance, weight reduction
- Railway: impact absorption, rigidity for internal parts
- Renewable energy: high rigidity, resistance to aggressive environmental conditions
- HVAC-R: homogeneous air distribution
- Building: weight reduction and design
- Naval: weight reduction, resistance to aggressive environmental conditions
Alloy: 3003 – 5052
Temper: H18 – H19
Thickness: from 0.05mm up to 0.10mm
Width: max 1250mm
Available glue colour: black heat-sealing
If you want more info, subscribe to our NEWSLETTER